Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A DAY TO REMEMBER

December 3, is a day to commemorate International Day of Persons with Disabilities worldwide. 

This year's theme is “Together for a better world for all: Including persons with disabilities in development.”

Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) marked this day with an event whereby different groups of persons with disabilities came together to have fun and food.  The Mayor of MBPJ officiated this event and presented recognition awards to NGOs and individuals who had contributed to the ongoing `Barrier Free City' campaign.

I was honoured to be one of the recipients of this award.  I am also very happy that I was recognised for my capability and not my disability.

More challenging times ahead!


Picture 1: Receiving the award from the Mayor



Picture 2: Gift and Certificate received

No comments: